Avalanche kills 4 foreign tourists in Norway
Oslo: Police say an avalanche buried six Swiss
and French tourists in northern Norway today, killing four of them.
One person was dug out alive and taken to a hospital and
another was missing after the snow-slide near Tromsoe on
Norway`s Arctic coast.
Of the six people struck by the avalanche, one was a
French citizen and five were Swiss nationals, Tromsoe police
spokesman Morten Pettersen said.
He said rescuers had detected signals from their avalanche
transceivers buried in the snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!