Avoid actions that raise tensions in the region: US to China
Washington: Expressing concern over the flight of a Chinese government airplane near the Senkaku Island, the United States has asked China to avoid taking actions that raises tensions in the region.
"We are concerned by the flight of a Chinese government airplane near the Senkakus. It`s important to avoid actions that raise tensions and to prevent miscalculations that could undermine peace, security and economic growth in the region," the State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell told reporters at a news conference yesterday.
"We`ve raised our concerns with the Chinese government directly and made clear that US policy and commitments regarding the Senkaku Islands are long-standing and have not changed," he said in response to a question.
The United States, Ventrell said, is also in talks with Japan in this regard. "We think it`s important to avoid any actions that raise tensions," he said.
Responding to a question, Ventrell said the Asia Pacific region is big enough to accommodate all the rising countries including China.
"I wouldn`t speculate on Chinese actions, but clearly, we`ve been clear about why we`re pivoting toward Asia and the actions that were taken and the important alliances we have there and the important work that we do with our partners across the region," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet