Avoid actions that raise tensions in the region: US to China
Washington: Expressing concern over the flight of a Chinese government airplane near the Senkaku Island, the United States has asked China to avoid taking actions that raises tensions in the region.
"We are concerned by the flight of a Chinese government airplane near the Senkakus. It`s important to avoid actions that raise tensions and to prevent miscalculations that could undermine peace, security and economic growth in the region," the State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell told reporters at a news conference yesterday.
"We`ve raised our concerns with the Chinese government directly and made clear that US policy and commitments regarding the Senkaku Islands are long-standing and have not changed," he said in response to a question.
The United States, Ventrell said, is also in talks with Japan in this regard. "We think it`s important to avoid any actions that raise tensions," he said.
Responding to a question, Ventrell said the Asia Pacific region is big enough to accommodate all the rising countries including China.
"I wouldn`t speculate on Chinese actions, but clearly, we`ve been clear about why we`re pivoting toward Asia and the actions that were taken and the important alliances we have there and the important work that we do with our partners across the region," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen