`Awlaki is the most dangerous man in world’
Washington: Yemen-based American-born al Qaeda suspect Anwar al-Awlaki has been described as "the most dangerous man in the world" by an intelligence research specialist attached with the New York Police Department’s counter-terrorism division.
According to Fox News, this assessment is based on Awlaki’s longstanding links to terrorism, his "proven track record of radicalising Muslims", his suspected involvement in planning and encouraging attacks such as 9/11, the 7/7 and 7/21 transatlantic plots, the Fort Hood shooter, the Times Square attempted bomber, the underwear bomber and more.
His ongoing propaganda campaign through DVDs , web postings and the online magazine "Inspire" is also being cited as a factor for this identity.
The NYPD presentation in Saudi Arabia was one of many regular briefs with private security officials who are members of the "SHIELD" program, considered a "force multiplier" by NYPD commissioner Ray Kelly.
Kelly has described the 7000 SHIELD participants as extra eyes and ears for police, an important part of the "protection protocol" involving large offices and corporations across the city where the department can quickly spread the word about watches, alerts and potential threats including mail bombs and suspicious packages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray