`Awlaki is the most dangerous man in world’
Washington: Yemen-based American-born al Qaeda suspect Anwar al-Awlaki has been described as "the most dangerous man in the world" by an intelligence research specialist attached with the New York Police Department’s counter-terrorism division.
According to Fox News, this assessment is based on Awlaki’s longstanding links to terrorism, his "proven track record of radicalising Muslims", his suspected involvement in planning and encouraging attacks such as 9/11, the 7/7 and 7/21 transatlantic plots, the Fort Hood shooter, the Times Square attempted bomber, the underwear bomber and more.
His ongoing propaganda campaign through DVDs , web postings and the online magazine "Inspire" is also being cited as a factor for this identity.
The NYPD presentation in Saudi Arabia was one of many regular briefs with private security officials who are members of the "SHIELD" program, considered a "force multiplier" by NYPD commissioner Ray Kelly.
Kelly has described the 7000 SHIELD participants as extra eyes and ears for police, an important part of the "protection protocol" involving large offices and corporations across the city where the department can quickly spread the word about watches, alerts and potential threats including mail bombs and suspicious packages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH