‘Azerbaijan arrests Iran-linked attack plotters’
Baku: Police in Azerbaijan have arrested an
unspecified number of people linked to Iran and to Lebanese
militant group Hezbollah suspected of planning attacks in the
country, state television said Tuesday.
State broadcaster AzTV, quoting the National Security
Ministry, said police had detained people linked to Iranian
intelligence services and Hezbollah who intended to stage
attacks on foreign citizens in the country.
The report said the suspects had gathered intelligence on
targets and bought explosives, guns and ammunition, but gave
no further details.
The reported arrests come after a car bomb last week
critically injured an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi while
Georgian officials defused a second device in Tbilisi. Israel
blamed Iran for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for