‘Azerbaijan arrests Iran-linked attack plotters’
Baku: Police in Azerbaijan have arrested an
unspecified number of people linked to Iran and to Lebanese
militant group Hezbollah suspected of planning attacks in the
country, state television said Tuesday.
State broadcaster AzTV, quoting the National Security
Ministry, said police had detained people linked to Iranian
intelligence services and Hezbollah who intended to stage
attacks on foreign citizens in the country.
The report said the suspects had gathered intelligence on
targets and bought explosives, guns and ammunition, but gave
no further details.
The reported arrests come after a car bomb last week
critically injured an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi while
Georgian officials defused a second device in Tbilisi. Israel
blamed Iran for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'