BA apologises after re-tweeting racial abuse again
London: British Airways has launched an investigation after an offensive and racist message was apparently re-tweeted from its official Twitter account.
The BA Twitter account, which has 210,000 followers, reposted the message which included extremely profane language and a racist term against Asian people, yesterday.
After the offensive message was deleted, staff at the airline then tweeted an apology.
It said: "Apologies for the last RT. We are sorry for any offence caused and are investigating how this may have happened," the Daily Mail reported today.
The incident started when a profane message was posted by a disgruntled Twitter user named Jae Jang Ladd.
Another user of the social networking site tweeting under the name Asian Ronaldo, replied, again using profane language, asking Jae Jang Ladd asking him to go back to his country.
This message was then re-tweeted by the official BA Twitter account.
Within minutes, hundreds of Twitters users resent the re -tweet and later more than 160 followers had re-tweeted the apology.
BA spokesman Helena Flynn said the team were thoroughly investigating how the incident had occurred.
She said it had not been ruled out that the account may have been hacked.
Flynn said: `We don`t know yet how this has evolved.
"We`d just like to apologise to all of the poor people who have been involved in this and apologise for any offence caused."
She said that police had not been in touch over the post and as yet there had been no official complaints.
BA said the Twitter account was managed by its large marketing team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes