BA London-Beijing flight makes emergency landing in Siberia
Moscow: A British Airways Boeing 747 flying from London to Beijing on Wednesday made a successful emergency landing at Irkutsk airport in Siberia due to technical problems, Russian officials said.
The 270 passengers and 16 crew have been taken to hotels in central Irkutsk, an airport official told the Interfax news agency. As they do not have Russian visas, they did not go through passport control and will not be able to leave the hotel.
"The passengers` passports have been taken and they have been given copies," the official said, adding that it was not clear how much longer they would be stranded in the city.
The flight information on British Airways` website confirmed the plane had made a stopover in Irkutsk and said the flight would be taking off again for Beijing at 3:00 pm (0930 IST) tomorrow.
Interfax said that according to initial information, the plane encountered problems with its navigational systems. British Airways engineers were expected to arrive later to inspect the plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you