BA pilot`s mistake triggers mid-air scare
London: A British Airways (BA) pilot caused a mid-air scare when he pressed a wrong button, triggering an announcement that the aircraft was about to make an emergency landing on water.
The mistake activated an automated female voice that said: "This is an emergency announcement. We may shortly need to make an emergency landing on water."
The Sun on Friday said that there were 275 passengers flying from Heathrow to Hong Kong and they prepared for the worst over the North Sea.
Then cabin crew ran down the aisles and said that it was a mistake.
BA said sorry for the "undue distress".
"People were terrified, we all thought we were going to die. They said the pilot hit the wrong button because they were so close together," Michelle Lord, 32, of Lancs, was quoted as saying.
Another traveller said: "I can`t think of anything worse than being told your plane`s about to crash."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'