Baby-bashing Chinese policeman held
Beijing: A seven-month-old baby in China has been seriously injured when an inebriated policeman allegedly grabbed the infant from her parents` arms and hurled her onto the ground.
Policeman Guo Zengxi had been detained in central China`s Henan Province.
On July 20, a couple went out for a walk after supper holding their seven-month-old daughter in their arms when Guo unexpectedly grabbed the infant, lifted her over his head and hurled her onto the ground, according to media reports.
The Linzhou public security bureau had only handed down a 15-day confinement to Guo, who was likely to have been drunk at the time of the incident, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The baby was immediately sent to Anyang Maternal and Child Health Hospital, and is said to be "temporarily out of danger".
An investigation team has been set up in response to anger voiced by Chinese netizens at the policeman in Linzhou, Henan, Guo Fajie, head of the public security bureau of Anyang City, which governs Linzhou said.
"The policeman involved in the baby attack was put under criminal detention on Saturday night and was transferred to a detention center in Anyang City this morning," said Guo Fajie.
Public security and health authorities in Linzhou have sent staff to accompany the baby to Beijing for further medical examination, according to the local government.
This is the second such incident of bashing the baby to the ground.
In July, a man in Beijing killed a toddler by lifting her from her carriage and throwing her onto the ground during a row with her mother over car parking space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read