Baby-bashing Chinese policeman held
Beijing: A seven-month-old baby in China has been seriously injured when an inebriated policeman allegedly grabbed the infant from her parents` arms and hurled her onto the ground.
Policeman Guo Zengxi had been detained in central China`s Henan Province.
On July 20, a couple went out for a walk after supper holding their seven-month-old daughter in their arms when Guo unexpectedly grabbed the infant, lifted her over his head and hurled her onto the ground, according to media reports.
The Linzhou public security bureau had only handed down a 15-day confinement to Guo, who was likely to have been drunk at the time of the incident, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
The baby was immediately sent to Anyang Maternal and Child Health Hospital, and is said to be "temporarily out of danger".
An investigation team has been set up in response to anger voiced by Chinese netizens at the policeman in Linzhou, Henan, Guo Fajie, head of the public security bureau of Anyang City, which governs Linzhou said.
"The policeman involved in the baby attack was put under criminal detention on Saturday night and was transferred to a detention center in Anyang City this morning," said Guo Fajie.
Public security and health authorities in Linzhou have sent staff to accompany the baby to Beijing for further medical examination, according to the local government.
This is the second such incident of bashing the baby to the ground.
In July, a man in Beijing killed a toddler by lifting her from her carriage and throwing her onto the ground during a row with her mother over car parking space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest