Baby boy delivered after hit-and-run crash dies
New York: A baby boy miraculously rescued by a cesarean section after his parents died in a hit-and-run car crash over the weekend here, has died, police said on Monday.
Nathan and Raizy Glauber, both 21, were riding in a livery cab in Brooklyn. Another car, a BMW, crashed into the cab at an intersection, slamming into its side yesterday.
The two occupants of the BMW fled the scene on foot and are being sought by police. The driver of the cab, was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition, police said.
The Glaubers were soon pronounced dead at two different hospitals, police spokesman Sgt Tom Antonetti was quoted by CNN as saying.
Bellevue Hospital performed the C-section to rescue the baby boy, who was in critical condition. Doctors, however, failed to save him.
At the time of the crash, the couple were on the way to Long Island College Hospital "for a wellness check," said Officer Sophia Tassy-Mason, a spokeswoman for the New York City Police Department.
"It was sudden," said Sarah Gluck, Raizy Glauber`s cousin. "She just wasn`t feeling well and they just, they went to check it out."
The couple had been married for less than a year, said Barry Sekete, a cousin of one of the victims.
"It`s terrible," he said, adding, "They`re ... Not even married a year, and you know they`re going into the happiest times, to have a baby, and that`s what happens. Terrible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!