Baby boy delivered after hit-and-run crash dies
New York: A baby boy miraculously rescued by a cesarean section after his parents died in a hit-and-run car crash over the weekend here, has died, police said on Monday.
Nathan and Raizy Glauber, both 21, were riding in a livery cab in Brooklyn. Another car, a BMW, crashed into the cab at an intersection, slamming into its side yesterday.
The two occupants of the BMW fled the scene on foot and are being sought by police. The driver of the cab, was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition, police said.
The Glaubers were soon pronounced dead at two different hospitals, police spokesman Sgt Tom Antonetti was quoted by CNN as saying.
Bellevue Hospital performed the C-section to rescue the baby boy, who was in critical condition. Doctors, however, failed to save him.
At the time of the crash, the couple were on the way to Long Island College Hospital "for a wellness check," said Officer Sophia Tassy-Mason, a spokeswoman for the New York City Police Department.
"It was sudden," said Sarah Gluck, Raizy Glauber`s cousin. "She just wasn`t feeling well and they just, they went to check it out."
The couple had been married for less than a year, said Barry Sekete, a cousin of one of the victims.
"It`s terrible," he said, adding, "They`re ... Not even married a year, and you know they`re going into the happiest times, to have a baby, and that`s what happens. Terrible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry