Baby dies in Spain on airport luggage belt
Madrid: A five-month-old baby died in a Spanish airport on Thursday after being placed on a luggage belt that then started moving without its parents noticing, officials said.
The baby was at the baggage claim with its mother, a US national, and its Canadian father after a flight from London early Thursday morning in the eastern seaside city of Alicante, an airport spokeswoman said.
"The five-month old baby was on the belt. I don`t know if it was placed on it directly, or in a cradle," she said.
"It was about two o`clock in the morning, on the belt for retrieving special baggage, where children`s push chairs and large items come out," which was activated when the parents were not looking, the spokeswoman added.
"The airport medical service tried to resuscitate the baby but they could not do anything."
Police were "investigating the exact circumstances", a Civil Guard spokesman said. "It all appears to have been an accident, a case of carelessness."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview