Baby killer Chinese man sentenced to death
Beijing: A 48-year-old Chinese man has been sentenced to death for strangling a two-month-old baby after stealing a SUV with the infant inside.
Zhou Xijun was sentenced to death by the Changchun Intermediate People`s Court which also deprived him of his political rights for life.
Zhou was also sentenced to five years in jail and fined 50,000 yuan (USD 8,065) for stealing, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
He was ordered to pay the family of the baby 17,098.50 yuan to compensate for economic losses.
On March 4, Zhou stole an SUV parked by the side of a road in Changchun, capital of Jilin Province, and drove it onto a highway.
After finding the baby in the back seat of the vehicle, Zhou strangled the infant and buried him in the snow.
He turned himself in a day after massive searches for the baby and the thief were launched by police and the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users