Baby rescued from drains in Spain, mother arrested
Madrid: Spain`s Interior Ministry says a 26-year-old woman has been arrested in the eastern city of Alicante on suspicion of attempting to murder her newborn baby who had to be rescued from inside a building`s drains.
The ministry said the two-day old boy could have been trapped for 40 hours at a point where the drains of the building`s courtyard converged. It added that a neighbour alerted firefighters at 2 a.M. (0100 GMT) on Sunday to what was originally thought to be a meowing cat trapped inside the drains.
The firefighters saved the life of the baby, who weighed 2.1 kilograms and was found wrapped in plastic bags. The baby is said to be in a serious but not life-threatening condition, having suffered bone fractures and other injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra