Baby rescued from drains in Spain, mother arrested
Madrid: Spain`s Interior Ministry says a 26-year-old woman has been arrested in the eastern city of Alicante on suspicion of attempting to murder her newborn baby who had to be rescued from inside a building`s drains.
The ministry said the two-day old boy could have been trapped for 40 hours at a point where the drains of the building`s courtyard converged. It added that a neighbour alerted firefighters at 2 a.M. (0100 GMT) on Sunday to what was originally thought to be a meowing cat trapped inside the drains.
The firefighters saved the life of the baby, who weighed 2.1 kilograms and was found wrapped in plastic bags. The baby is said to be in a serious but not life-threatening condition, having suffered bone fractures and other injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach