Baby rescued from drains in Spain, mother arrested
Madrid: Spain`s Interior Ministry says a 26-year-old woman has been arrested in the eastern city of Alicante on suspicion of attempting to murder her newborn baby who had to be rescued from inside a building`s drains.
The ministry said the two-day old boy could have been trapped for 40 hours at a point where the drains of the building`s courtyard converged. It added that a neighbour alerted firefighters at 2 a.M. (0100 GMT) on Sunday to what was originally thought to be a meowing cat trapped inside the drains.
The firefighters saved the life of the baby, who weighed 2.1 kilograms and was found wrapped in plastic bags. The baby is said to be in a serious but not life-threatening condition, having suffered bone fractures and other injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list