Baby survives eight-storey fall in US
New York: A woman holding a baby boy fell eight stories out of a New York City apartment window to her death in an apparent suicide, but the baby survived, police said.
Police found the 45-year-old woman with the baby in her arms. An officer took the baby to a hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition. The baby was believed to be about 10 months old.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, police said yesterday. The apartment window was open, and there were no signs of struggle inside. There were no safety bars on the windows.
Area resident Steven Dominguez, 18, was walking to a grocery store with his mother when he saw the woman fall. "I heard a scream like a yell," Dominguez said. "When I got closer, I saw the baby crying."
He said the baby was face down.
"I was shocked," he said. "I couldn`t believe it."
Said his mother went to pick up the baby, but an emergency responder told her to stand back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price