Baby survives eight-storey fall in US
New York: A woman holding a baby boy fell eight stories out of a New York City apartment window to her death in an apparent suicide, but the baby survived, police said.
Police found the 45-year-old woman with the baby in her arms. An officer took the baby to a hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition. The baby was believed to be about 10 months old.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, police said yesterday. The apartment window was open, and there were no signs of struggle inside. There were no safety bars on the windows.
Area resident Steven Dominguez, 18, was walking to a grocery store with his mother when he saw the woman fall. "I heard a scream like a yell," Dominguez said. "When I got closer, I saw the baby crying."
He said the baby was face down.
"I was shocked," he said. "I couldn`t believe it."
Said his mother went to pick up the baby, but an emergency responder told her to stand back.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?