Baby survives eight-storey fall in US
New York: A woman holding a baby boy fell eight stories out of a New York City apartment window to her death in an apparent suicide, but the baby survived, police said.
Police found the 45-year-old woman with the baby in her arms. An officer took the baby to a hospital, where he was listed in critical but stable condition. The baby was believed to be about 10 months old.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, police said yesterday. The apartment window was open, and there were no signs of struggle inside. There were no safety bars on the windows.
Area resident Steven Dominguez, 18, was walking to a grocery store with his mother when he saw the woman fall. "I heard a scream like a yell," Dominguez said. "When I got closer, I saw the baby crying."
He said the baby was face down.
"I was shocked," he said. "I couldn`t believe it."
Said his mother went to pick up the baby, but an emergency responder told her to stand back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why