Baghdad blasts: Clinton condemns multiple bombings
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton today condemned the multiple bombings in Baghdad that
killed more than 20 people and left dozens injured.
"We mourn the loss of life and extend our condolences
to the victims` families, friends, and communities," Clinton
said in a statement.
"The terrorists who committed these crimes aim to sow
fear among the Iraqi people, but they will not succeed in
derailing Iraq`s efforts to build a future of peace and
security," she said, adding that Iraqis were engaged in the
democratic process and laying foundation for the upcoming
The confidence of Iraqi people in the political system
and their ability to chart out their own future is a direct
rebuke to the perpetrators of such attacks, Clinton added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference