Baghdad blasts: Clinton condemns multiple bombings
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton today condemned the multiple bombings in Baghdad that
killed more than 20 people and left dozens injured.
"We mourn the loss of life and extend our condolences
to the victims` families, friends, and communities," Clinton
said in a statement.
"The terrorists who committed these crimes aim to sow
fear among the Iraqi people, but they will not succeed in
derailing Iraq`s efforts to build a future of peace and
security," she said, adding that Iraqis were engaged in the
democratic process and laying foundation for the upcoming
The confidence of Iraqi people in the political system
and their ability to chart out their own future is a direct
rebuke to the perpetrators of such attacks, Clinton added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family