Baghdad blasts kill 10: Police
Baghdad: At least 10 people were killed and 29 wounded today in bomb blasts that struck two districts of Baghdad, police and hospital sources said.
The deadliest was a car bomb in the northern Shiite neighbourhood of Sadr City, which has been frequently targeted and where security is usually heightened ahead of Friday prayers.
At least seven people were killed and 21 wounded in the explosion that rocked one of the large neighbourhood`s main streets, a police colonel and hospital sources said.
Three roadside bombs also went off almost simultaneously near a Shiite mosque close to the central Kholani square, killing three people and wounding eight, two police officers said.
Jihadist group the Islamic State seized large parts of Iraq`s west and north in June, before stopping its offensive a few dozen kilometres from Baghdad.
But it has continued to wreak havoc in the capital, mainly with suicide attacks, car bombs and improvised explosive devices targeting security forces.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why