Baghdad blasts kill 10: Police
Baghdad: At least 10 people were killed and 29 wounded today in bomb blasts that struck two districts of Baghdad, police and hospital sources said.
The deadliest was a car bomb in the northern Shiite neighbourhood of Sadr City, which has been frequently targeted and where security is usually heightened ahead of Friday prayers.
At least seven people were killed and 21 wounded in the explosion that rocked one of the large neighbourhood`s main streets, a police colonel and hospital sources said.
Three roadside bombs also went off almost simultaneously near a Shiite mosque close to the central Kholani square, killing three people and wounding eight, two police officers said.
Jihadist group the Islamic State seized large parts of Iraq`s west and north in June, before stopping its offensive a few dozen kilometres from Baghdad.
But it has continued to wreak havoc in the capital, mainly with suicide attacks, car bombs and improvised explosive devices targeting security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'