Baghdad blasts toll rises to 32 dead
Baghdad: Iraqi police and health officials say the death toll of a twin bombing in a Shi’ite neighbourhood in Baghdad has risen to 32.
The two blasts, which took place on Thursday evening at a music store, wounded 71 other people, the officials said. A second bomb exploded minutes after the first, targeting rescue workers and onlookers.
Violence in Iraq is increasing with the approach of the end of the year deadline for US troops to withdraw.
The officials said on Friday that some of the more seriously wounded died overnight. Wounded were taken to numerous hospitals, they said, and it took time to get an accurate death toll.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to reporters.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray