Baghdad blasts toll rises to 32 dead
Baghdad: Iraqi police and health officials say the death toll of a twin bombing in a Shi’ite neighbourhood in Baghdad has risen to 32.
The two blasts, which took place on Thursday evening at a music store, wounded 71 other people, the officials said. A second bomb exploded minutes after the first, targeting rescue workers and onlookers.
Violence in Iraq is increasing with the approach of the end of the year deadline for US troops to withdraw.
The officials said on Friday that some of the more seriously wounded died overnight. Wounded were taken to numerous hospitals, they said, and it took time to get an accurate death toll.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to reporters.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire