Baghdad car bomb attacks kills 19
Baghdad: At least 19 people died and 72 others were injured in three car bomb attacks Tuesday near Shia religious sites in Baghdad, police said.
In the deadliest attack, eight people died and 21 others were injured when a car bomb exploded near a Shia mosque in al-Shu`ala district of Baghdad.
In the second attack, six people were killed and 32 others injured near a Shia mosque in Qureat area, a police officer told Xinhua requesting anonymity.
Five more died and 19 were injured in a third explosion near a mosque in Baghdad`s Hurriya district. The toll may rise as many of the injured were in serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon