Baghdad car bomb attacks kills 19
Baghdad: At least 19 people died and 72 others were injured in three car bomb attacks Tuesday near Shia religious sites in Baghdad, police said.
In the deadliest attack, eight people died and 21 others were injured when a car bomb exploded near a Shia mosque in al-Shu`ala district of Baghdad.
In the second attack, six people were killed and 32 others injured near a Shia mosque in Qureat area, a police officer told Xinhua requesting anonymity.
Five more died and 19 were injured in a third explosion near a mosque in Baghdad`s Hurriya district. The toll may rise as many of the injured were in serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha