Bahamas PM seeks 2nd term in power
Nassau (Bahamas): Bahamian Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham is seeking a second term as islanders vote on Monday.
He is touting his record of launching infrastructure projects while the opposition complains that crime and unemployment have increased.
Analysts are predicting a tight race between the Ingraham`s Free National Movement and the Progressive Liberal Party led by former Prime Minister Perry Christie.
The two parties have dominated political life in the archipelago off Florida`s east coast since it won independence from Britain in 1973.
Parliamentary seats are being contested in 38 districts. The unemployment rate has risen to nearly 15 percent in the country of about 350,000 people. There were a record 127 murders last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY