Bahamas PM seeks 2nd term in power
Nassau (Bahamas): Bahamian Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham is seeking a second term as islanders vote on Monday.
He is touting his record of launching infrastructure projects while the opposition complains that crime and unemployment have increased.
Analysts are predicting a tight race between the Ingraham`s Free National Movement and the Progressive Liberal Party led by former Prime Minister Perry Christie.
The two parties have dominated political life in the archipelago off Florida`s east coast since it won independence from Britain in 1973.
Parliamentary seats are being contested in 38 districts. The unemployment rate has risen to nearly 15 percent in the country of about 350,000 people. There were a record 127 murders last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi