Bahamas PM seeks 2nd term in power
Nassau (Bahamas): Bahamian Prime Minister Hubert Ingraham is seeking a second term as islanders vote on Monday.
He is touting his record of launching infrastructure projects while the opposition complains that crime and unemployment have increased.
Analysts are predicting a tight race between the Ingraham`s Free National Movement and the Progressive Liberal Party led by former Prime Minister Perry Christie.
The two parties have dominated political life in the archipelago off Florida`s east coast since it won independence from Britain in 1973.
Parliamentary seats are being contested in 38 districts. The unemployment rate has risen to nearly 15 percent in the country of about 350,000 people. There were a record 127 murders last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'