Bahamas police catch `Barefoot Bandit`: Official
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas say they have caught the teenage US fugitive known as the "Barefoot Bandit”.
A police official says 19-year-old Colton Harris-Moore was arrested on Sunday morning on the northern island of Eleuthera. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorised to speak publicly about the case.
The official said police expect to fly Harris-Moore within hours from Eleuthera to Nassau, the capital of the island chain off the Florida coast.
Island police have been searching for the wily fugitive since he allegedly crash-landed a stolen plane on nearby Great Abaco Island a week ago.
He has been on the run from American law enforcement since escaping from a Washington state halfway house in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself