Bahamas police catch `Barefoot Bandit`: Official
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas say they have caught the teenage US fugitive known as the "Barefoot Bandit”.
A police official says 19-year-old Colton Harris-Moore was arrested on Sunday morning on the northern island of Eleuthera. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorised to speak publicly about the case.
The official said police expect to fly Harris-Moore within hours from Eleuthera to Nassau, the capital of the island chain off the Florida coast.
Island police have been searching for the wily fugitive since he allegedly crash-landed a stolen plane on nearby Great Abaco Island a week ago.
He has been on the run from American law enforcement since escaping from a Washington state halfway house in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured