Bahamas police catch `Barefoot Bandit`: Official
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas say they have caught the teenage US fugitive known as the "Barefoot Bandit”.
A police official says 19-year-old Colton Harris-Moore was arrested on Sunday morning on the northern island of Eleuthera. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorised to speak publicly about the case.
The official said police expect to fly Harris-Moore within hours from Eleuthera to Nassau, the capital of the island chain off the Florida coast.
Island police have been searching for the wily fugitive since he allegedly crash-landed a stolen plane on nearby Great Abaco Island a week ago.
He has been on the run from American law enforcement since escaping from a Washington state halfway house in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah