Bahamas police detain 5 in migrant boat capsizing
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas have detained five men in connection with the fatal capsizing of a boat earlier this week that was carrying more than two dozen Haitian migrants.
Assistant Police Commissioner Leon Bethell said Saturday that the men are helping with the investigation. No one has been charged.
Authorities are still looking for 52-year-old Chancelaire Baptiste, who is believed to own the boat that capsized Sunday near the northern Bahamian island of Abaco and killed at least 11 Haitian migrants.
Another 12 Haitians are still missing. Police earlier had detained eight people for questioning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India