Bahamas police detain 5 in migrant boat capsizing
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas have detained five men in connection with the fatal capsizing of a boat earlier this week that was carrying more than two dozen Haitian migrants.
Assistant Police Commissioner Leon Bethell said Saturday that the men are helping with the investigation. No one has been charged.
Authorities are still looking for 52-year-old Chancelaire Baptiste, who is believed to own the boat that capsized Sunday near the northern Bahamian island of Abaco and killed at least 11 Haitian migrants.
Another 12 Haitians are still missing. Police earlier had detained eight people for questioning.
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi was codenamed 'gorgeous girl' by European middlemen?
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state
- LeEco bringing Le 2 and Max 2 series phones in India shortly?
- Why would I hug Arvind Kejriwal forcibly, is he a 'heroine'? asks Lalu Prasad Yadav