Bahrain arrests 4 in deadly blasts in capital
Manama: A top security official in Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested in connection with bombings that killed two people and brought warnings of increased crackdowns against opposition groups in the violence-wracked Gulf nation.
A series of blasts yesterday in the capital Manama killed workers from India and Bangladesh and suggested a widening campaign of attacks by anti-government forces in the nearly 21-month uprising against the Western-backed monarchy.
Bahrain`s chief of public security, Maj Gen Tariq al-Hassan, said today that four suspects were arrested but noted the investigation is not over.
More than 55 people have died in Bahrain`s unrest since February 2011 after the country`s Shiite majority escalated its push for a greater political voice in the strategic Sunni-ruled nation.
Bahrain is home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player