Bahrain arrests 4 in deadly blasts in capital
Manama: A top security official in Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested in connection with bombings that killed two people and brought warnings of increased crackdowns against opposition groups in the violence-wracked Gulf nation.
A series of blasts yesterday in the capital Manama killed workers from India and Bangladesh and suggested a widening campaign of attacks by anti-government forces in the nearly 21-month uprising against the Western-backed monarchy.
Bahrain`s chief of public security, Maj Gen Tariq al-Hassan, said today that four suspects were arrested but noted the investigation is not over.
More than 55 people have died in Bahrain`s unrest since February 2011 after the country`s Shiite majority escalated its push for a greater political voice in the strategic Sunni-ruled nation.
Bahrain is home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Hero launches 17 cycles, price starts Rs 7,000
- Full List: 10 wealthiest countries in the world; India at 7th place
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks