Bahrain arrests 4 in deadly blasts in capital
Manama: A top security official in Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested in connection with bombings that killed two people and brought warnings of increased crackdowns against opposition groups in the violence-wracked Gulf nation.
A series of blasts yesterday in the capital Manama killed workers from India and Bangladesh and suggested a widening campaign of attacks by anti-government forces in the nearly 21-month uprising against the Western-backed monarchy.
Bahrain`s chief of public security, Maj Gen Tariq al-Hassan, said today that four suspects were arrested but noted the investigation is not over.
More than 55 people have died in Bahrain`s unrest since February 2011 after the country`s Shiite majority escalated its push for a greater political voice in the strategic Sunni-ruled nation.
Bahrain is home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli