Bahrain arrests 4 in deadly blasts in capital
Manama: A top security official in Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested in connection with bombings that killed two people and brought warnings of increased crackdowns against opposition groups in the violence-wracked Gulf nation.
A series of blasts yesterday in the capital Manama killed workers from India and Bangladesh and suggested a widening campaign of attacks by anti-government forces in the nearly 21-month uprising against the Western-backed monarchy.
Bahrain`s chief of public security, Maj Gen Tariq al-Hassan, said today that four suspects were arrested but noted the investigation is not over.
More than 55 people have died in Bahrain`s unrest since February 2011 after the country`s Shiite majority escalated its push for a greater political voice in the strategic Sunni-ruled nation.
Bahrain is home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?