Bahrain arrests 4 in deadly blasts in capital
Manama: A top security official in Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested in connection with bombings that killed two people and brought warnings of increased crackdowns against opposition groups in the violence-wracked Gulf nation.
A series of blasts yesterday in the capital Manama killed workers from India and Bangladesh and suggested a widening campaign of attacks by anti-government forces in the nearly 21-month uprising against the Western-backed monarchy.
Bahrain`s chief of public security, Maj Gen Tariq al-Hassan, said today that four suspects were arrested but noted the investigation is not over.
More than 55 people have died in Bahrain`s unrest since February 2011 after the country`s Shiite majority escalated its push for a greater political voice in the strategic Sunni-ruled nation.
Bahrain is home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan