Bahrain court sentences 8 to life for bombing
Manama: A Bahraini defense lawyer says a court in the Gulf island kingdom has sentenced eight people to life in prison for the murder of a policeman and an attempt to kill others in a bomb blast.
Defense lawyer Yousef Rabai told The Associated Press the eight were sentenced today. The public prosecutor`s office said the incident took place November of last year, northeast of the capital.
Bahrain has faced more than three years of unrest following an uprising dominated by the Shiite majority calling for greater rights and opportunities from the country`s Sunni rulers. The tiny nation hosts the US Navy`s Fifth Fleet.
Shiite activists frequently clash with police, and some radical protesters have used bombs against security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi