Bahrain court sentences 8 to life for bombing
Manama: A Bahraini defense lawyer says a court in the Gulf island kingdom has sentenced eight people to life in prison for the murder of a policeman and an attempt to kill others in a bomb blast.
Defense lawyer Yousef Rabai told The Associated Press the eight were sentenced today. The public prosecutor`s office said the incident took place November of last year, northeast of the capital.
Bahrain has faced more than three years of unrest following an uprising dominated by the Shiite majority calling for greater rights and opportunities from the country`s Sunni rulers. The tiny nation hosts the US Navy`s Fifth Fleet.
Shiite activists frequently clash with police, and some radical protesters have used bombs against security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief