Bahrain protesters seek to overthrow royal family
Manama: A group of protesters is calling for the ouster of Bahrain`s entire ruling monarchy as part of sweeping demands to call off the weeklong uprising in the Gulf nation.
The manifesto on Monday by a group calling itself "Youth of Feb 14" — after the day of the first marches — apparently seeks to stake out an uncompromising stance before possible talks between the opposition and the monarchy.
It is unclear how much weight the group carries.
The group is also calling for authorities to be put on trial for attacks on protesters that have left at least seven dead and hundreds injured in the strategic island nation — home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
Bahrain`s rulers have offered talks with opposition groups to try to defuse the showdown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH