Bail set for US mom accused of driving into surf
Orlando (US): A Florida judge set a bond of USD 1.2 million for a pregnant woman accused of driving her minivan into the ocean in an attempt to kill her three children.
Volusia County Court spokeswoman Ludmilla Lelis says that 32-year-old Ebony Wilkerson`s bond was set today for three charges of attempted murder and three charges of child abuse causing great bodily harm.
Wilkerson was represented by the public defender`s office and did not enter a formal plea. But Judge Shirley Green found probable cause for the case to proceed.
An arraignment date was not released.
Wilkerson told police she was not trying to hurt her children, but she was driving too close to the water.
Her children told investigators another story, saying their mother was trying to kill them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?