Ban congratulates Xi on becoming Chinese President
Washington: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon congratulated Xi Jinping for officially becoming China`s President.
"The Secretary-General wished the President every success in leading his country towards making the "Chinese Dream" a reality and for achieving well-being for its entire people," said a UN statement attributable to Ban`s spokesperson.
Ban wrote a letter to Xi to congratulate him on his presidency on Friday. Welcoming the growing role China is playing in world affairs, Ban highly appreciated China`s strong support for the UN and multilateralism in his letter.
"The Secretary-General noted that China`s leading and pioneering role was indispensable for the success of the international community in its common quest to address the global challenges of building durable peace, including in Northeast Asia, ensuring respect for human rights, attaining sustainable development and combating the effects of climate change," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!