Ban congratulates Xi on becoming Chinese President
Washington: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon congratulated Xi Jinping for officially becoming China`s President.
"The Secretary-General wished the President every success in leading his country towards making the "Chinese Dream" a reality and for achieving well-being for its entire people," said a UN statement attributable to Ban`s spokesperson.
Ban wrote a letter to Xi to congratulate him on his presidency on Friday. Welcoming the growing role China is playing in world affairs, Ban highly appreciated China`s strong support for the UN and multilateralism in his letter.
"The Secretary-General noted that China`s leading and pioneering role was indispensable for the success of the international community in its common quest to address the global challenges of building durable peace, including in Northeast Asia, ensuring respect for human rights, attaining sustainable development and combating the effects of climate change," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal