Ban dances Gangnam Style with Korean pop sensation
United Nations: Showing a side of his personality rarely seen in public, UN chief Ban Ki-moon tried `Gangnam Style` moves and said he was "jealous" of Korean pop sensation Psy.
Psy`s song `Gangnam Style`, which mocks the consumerism of a rich Seoul suburb, and hit horse-riding-style dance went viral on video-sharing website YouTube. It has been viewed more than 560 million times on YouTube since it was released in mid-July.
Admitting at first that he was "nervous", the UN Secretary-General relented and copied Psy`s horse-riding style dance moves.
Psy was at the UN to discuss with Ban how they could work together to help global issues.
"I`m a bit jealous," Ban told reporters.
"Until two days ago someone told me I am the most famous Korean in the world. Now I have to relinquish."
Earlier, Ban Ki-moon had joked: "I was thinking about you when you were coming - you know we have tough negotiations in the United Nations. In such a case I was also thinking of playing the Gangnam Style dance so that everybody would stop and dance, maybe you can bring UN style."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II