Bandits storm Cameroon bank; escape by speedboat
Douala: Cameroon`s state broadcaster says 15 gunmen stormed a bank with grenades and then took off in a high-speed boat chase that turned into a gunbattle.
The broadcaster said late Sunday that at least seven people were killed, and bank officials say the robbers made off with about USD 400,000 in cash.
Two of the gunmen were arrested after the attack in the seaside city of Douala on Saturday.
Local official Fai Yengo Francis says one soldier died following the speedboat chase. A robber and five others also were killed.
Army official Sona Mbengue says the incident resembles another one three years ago that officials blamed on pirates from neighboring Nigeria. Pirate attacks have risen around Nigeria in recent years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive