Kuala Lumpur: A Malaysian court on Monday adjourned till June 25 the hearing of an extradition application by authorities against an Iranian national, wanted by Thailand for his alleged involvement in a triple bomb attack in Bangkok earlier this year.
The hearing has been adjourned by Judge SM Komathy Suppiah after the Iranian, Masoud Sedaghat Zadeh`s counsel, Mohd Nashir Hussin, asked for time to file an affidavit.
"We will file an affidavit in 10 days as we have not received any instruction from Masoud`s father," said Mohd Nashir.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Kamal Baharin Omar, representing the Attorney-General`s (AG) Chambers did not object to the adjournment.
He said he received the adjournment letter from the counsel on May 25, and informed the court that he would file an affidavit-in-reply within two weeks.
In March, the Attorney-General`s Chambers said it needed time to furnish more evidence over the application to extradite the Iranian national accused of being one of the bombers in a triple explosion incident in central Bangkok on February 14.
Kamal, who heads the extradition unit, had said that they need more particulars, such as photographs and CCTV footage.
The Iranian Sedaghatzadeh Masoud implicated in three bomb blasts that rocked Bangkok in February has denied any role in the incident.
Malaysian police had arrested Masoud at the low-cost carrier terminal here on February 15, a day after the explosions rocked the Thai capital.
Masoud, 31, was named the sole respondent in the application by the public prosecutor.
It stated that a warrant of arrest was issued against Masoud by the South Bangkok criminal court on February 14, which is still in effect.
The Iranian is to face a charge of taking part in the making and possession of an explosive device.
He is to face a second charge of causing an explosion to cause injury to another person or damage property.
The February 14 blasts left five bystanders and an alleged Iranian bomber injured.