Barack and Michelle Obama greet Muslims on Eid-ul-Azha
Washington: US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle today greeted Muslims across the world on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha, lauding their faith for setting a "powerful example" on how to work together to address common challenges.
"As our Muslim neighbours and friends gather for Eid celebrations, Muslim Americans are among the more than three million pilgrims joining one of the world`s largest and most diverse gatherings, which serves as a reminder of the shared roots of the world`s Abrahamic faiths," Obama said in a statement.
He said that Muslims around the world who are joining in offering their assistance to those suffering from hunger, disease and conflict to commemorate Eid, is a powerful example of the positive role that faith can play in motivating communities to work together to address shared challenges.
"On behalf of the American people, we extend our warmest greetings during this Hajj season. Eid Mubarak and Hajj Mabrour," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown