Barack and Michelle Obama greet Muslims on Eid-ul-Azha
Washington: US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle today greeted Muslims across the world on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha, lauding their faith for setting a "powerful example" on how to work together to address common challenges.
"As our Muslim neighbours and friends gather for Eid celebrations, Muslim Americans are among the more than three million pilgrims joining one of the world`s largest and most diverse gatherings, which serves as a reminder of the shared roots of the world`s Abrahamic faiths," Obama said in a statement.
He said that Muslims around the world who are joining in offering their assistance to those suffering from hunger, disease and conflict to commemorate Eid, is a powerful example of the positive role that faith can play in motivating communities to work together to address shared challenges.
"On behalf of the American people, we extend our warmest greetings during this Hajj season. Eid Mubarak and Hajj Mabrour," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!