Barack and Michelle Obama greet Muslims on Eid-ul-Azha
Washington: US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle today greeted Muslims across the world on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha, lauding their faith for setting a "powerful example" on how to work together to address common challenges.
"As our Muslim neighbours and friends gather for Eid celebrations, Muslim Americans are among the more than three million pilgrims joining one of the world`s largest and most diverse gatherings, which serves as a reminder of the shared roots of the world`s Abrahamic faiths," Obama said in a statement.
He said that Muslims around the world who are joining in offering their assistance to those suffering from hunger, disease and conflict to commemorate Eid, is a powerful example of the positive role that faith can play in motivating communities to work together to address shared challenges.
"On behalf of the American people, we extend our warmest greetings during this Hajj season. Eid Mubarak and Hajj Mabrour," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'