Barack Obama a `hypocrite`: Nikki Haley
Washington: Indian-American Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley has slammed US President Barack Obama on his manufacturing policy, describing him as a "hypocrite".
"It is the height of hypocrisy for President Obama to claim he cares about products being `Made in the USA` when his administration bullies American companies trying to do just that," Haley said in a statement on Sunday.
South Carolina saw Obama and his National Labor Relations Board put union bosses ahead of American business and workers when they sued Boeing in 2011, she said.
"Clearly, we need leadership in the White House that will fight for all American jobs and all American workers - not just those approved by his friends running big unions," Haley said.
Haley, one of the rising stars of the Republican Party, issued the statement after Obama in his election campaign speeches in Florida emphasised on manufacturing sector and described how the manufacturing sector has bounced back under his administration.
"I`ve got a plan to export more products and send fewer jobs overseas. After a decade of decline, this country has actually created more than half a million new manufacturing jobs over the last two and a half years. We reinvented a dying auto industry that`s back on top of the world," Obama said in Florida.
"I want to help American factories and small businesses export more. We can create a million new manufacturing jobs the next four years. You can make that happen," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest