Barack Obama a ‘wolf in sheep`s clothing’: Julian Assange
Melbourne: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has described re-elected US President Barack Obama as a ‘wolf in sheep`s clothing’, adding that he expects the American government to keep attacking his whistleblowing website.
Speaking by phone from Ecuador`s London embassy, the 41-year-old Australian said on Wednesday that Obama`s victory was no cause for celebration.
“Obama seems to be a nice man, and that is precisely the problem,” the Herald Sun quoted Assange, as saying.
“It`s better to have a sheep in wolf`s clothing than a wolf in sheep`s clothing,” he added.
According to the paper, Assange complained of the ‘persecution’ of WikiLeaks by Obama’s government.
“All of the activities against WikiLeaks by the United States have occurred under an Obama administration,” the paper quoted him, as saying.
“The Republican party has not been an effective restraining force on government excesses over the last four years,” he said.
“There is no reason to believe that will change - in fact, the Republicans will push the administration into ever greater excesses,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists