Barack Obama calls up Benjamin Netanyahu
Washington: US President Barack Obama called up Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss a host of issues, including Egypt, Syria and Iran.
"The two leaders discussed regional issues including recent developments in Egypt, Iran, and Syria," the White House said, adding that this was part of their regular consultations.
Obama encouraged Netanyahu to continue to work with Secretary of State John Kerry to resume negotiations with the Palestinians as soon as possible.
"The leaders affirmed the importance of continued close coordination between the United States and Israel on a range of security issues," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quikr acquires Hiree, to focus on innovating in jobs space
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray