Barack Obama calls up Benjamin Netanyahu
Washington: US President Barack Obama called up Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss a host of issues, including Egypt, Syria and Iran.
"The two leaders discussed regional issues including recent developments in Egypt, Iran, and Syria," the White House said, adding that this was part of their regular consultations.
Obama encouraged Netanyahu to continue to work with Secretary of State John Kerry to resume negotiations with the Palestinians as soon as possible.
"The leaders affirmed the importance of continued close coordination between the United States and Israel on a range of security issues," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened