Barack Obama calls up Benjamin Netanyahu
Washington: US President Barack Obama called up Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss a host of issues, including Egypt, Syria and Iran.
"The two leaders discussed regional issues including recent developments in Egypt, Iran, and Syria," the White House said, adding that this was part of their regular consultations.
Obama encouraged Netanyahu to continue to work with Secretary of State John Kerry to resume negotiations with the Palestinians as soon as possible.
"The leaders affirmed the importance of continued close coordination between the United States and Israel on a range of security issues," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city