Barack Obama calls up Benjamin Netanyahu
Washington: US President Barack Obama called up Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss a host of issues, including Egypt, Syria and Iran.
"The two leaders discussed regional issues including recent developments in Egypt, Iran, and Syria," the White House said, adding that this was part of their regular consultations.
Obama encouraged Netanyahu to continue to work with Secretary of State John Kerry to resume negotiations with the Palestinians as soon as possible.
"The leaders affirmed the importance of continued close coordination between the United States and Israel on a range of security issues," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!