Barack Obama calls up Benjamin Netanyahu
Washington: US President Barack Obama called up Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss a host of issues, including Egypt, Syria and Iran.
"The two leaders discussed regional issues including recent developments in Egypt, Iran, and Syria," the White House said, adding that this was part of their regular consultations.
Obama encouraged Netanyahu to continue to work with Secretary of State John Kerry to resume negotiations with the Palestinians as soon as possible.
"The leaders affirmed the importance of continued close coordination between the United States and Israel on a range of security issues," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees