Barack Obama explains lipstick mark on his collar
Washington: US President Barack Obama joked about a lipstick stain on his collar during a White House event, saying that he is explaining the red mark on his shirt to avoid trouble with the First Lady.
Obama was speaking during a reception he had hosted for the Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAP), which among others was attended by a number of eminent Indian-Americans.
After greeting the almost 300 in the audience with "Aloha”, Obama praised the warmth of their welcome.
"A sign of the warmth is the lipstick on my collar," Obama said amidst laughter.
He blamed the aunt of Jessica Sanchez Sanchezthe, the runner-up in the 11th season of American Idol, for the mark.
"I have to say I think I know the culprit -- where is Jessica Sanchez? Jessica -- it wasn`t Jessica. It was her aunt. Where is she? Auntie, right there. Look at this. Look at this," Obama said making sure everybody could see the offending mark.
"I just want everybody to witness. So I do not want to be in trouble with Michelle. That`s why I`m calling you out right in front of everybody," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months