Barack Obama explains lipstick mark on his collar
Washington: US President Barack Obama joked about a lipstick stain on his collar during a White House event, saying that he is explaining the red mark on his shirt to avoid trouble with the First Lady.
Obama was speaking during a reception he had hosted for the Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAP), which among others was attended by a number of eminent Indian-Americans.
After greeting the almost 300 in the audience with "Aloha”, Obama praised the warmth of their welcome.
"A sign of the warmth is the lipstick on my collar," Obama said amidst laughter.
He blamed the aunt of Jessica Sanchez Sanchezthe, the runner-up in the 11th season of American Idol, for the mark.
"I have to say I think I know the culprit -- where is Jessica Sanchez? Jessica -- it wasn`t Jessica. It was her aunt. Where is she? Auntie, right there. Look at this. Look at this," Obama said making sure everybody could see the offending mark.
"I just want everybody to witness. So I do not want to be in trouble with Michelle. That`s why I`m calling you out right in front of everybody," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre