Barack Obama, family cause a small stir at Easter service
Washington: President Barack Obama may have expected a quiet Easter, but his presence rallied a congregation eager to greet him and his family to the front of the church.
Obama, along with wife Michelle and their two daughters sat in the second row at Nineteenth Street Baptist Church, nearly three kilometres north of the White House.
They received a standing ovation during the welcome, with dozens of worshippers gathering around to shake the Obamas` hands and take pictures.
The senior pastor, Derrick Harkins, joked that he didn`t realize so many people were sitting in the front section. The pastor repeated "Amen" in a call for people to return to their seats.
The service included a sermon titled "Resurrection Realities" and a praise dance and trumpet-led hymn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug