Barack Obama greets Muslims on Eid-ul-Zuha
Washington: US President Barack Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama have extended their best wishes for a joyful Eid-ul-Zuha to Muslims in America and around the world.
"We also congratulate the millions of peaceful pilgrims who are performing the Hajj, including thousands of American Muslims," Obama said in a statement yesterday.
"Throughout the year, Muslims join members of many faiths in serving those suffering from hunger, disease and conflict. Muslim communities will continue this practice as they celebrate Eid by distributing food and charity to those in need," he said.
"Such acts of compassion underscore the shared values of the Abrahamic religions and people of all faiths. On behalf of the American people, we extend our warmest greetings on this holiday. Eid Mubarak," Obama said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory