Barack Obama greets Muslims on Eid-ul-Zuha
Washington: US President Barack Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama have extended their best wishes for a joyful Eid-ul-Zuha to Muslims in America and around the world.
"We also congratulate the millions of peaceful pilgrims who are performing the Hajj, including thousands of American Muslims," Obama said in a statement yesterday.
"Throughout the year, Muslims join members of many faiths in serving those suffering from hunger, disease and conflict. Muslim communities will continue this practice as they celebrate Eid by distributing food and charity to those in need," he said.
"Such acts of compassion underscore the shared values of the Abrahamic religions and people of all faiths. On behalf of the American people, we extend our warmest greetings on this holiday. Eid Mubarak," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters