Barack Obama has `lapdogs` of distraction: Haley
Washington: US President Barack Obama`s job is to make sure that he can put out "distractions" every day until the election, while Governor Romney has credits and proven results for every single day, South Carolina`s Indian-American Governor Nikki Randhawa Haley claimed.
One of the prime time speakers at the forthcoming Tampa convention of his party and considered as one of the potential running mate of Mitt Romney, Haley, yesterday said Obama has "lapdogs" of distraction.
"President Obama has a lapdog for everything every single day. His job is to make sure that they can put out distractions every day until the election," Haley told the Fox news in an interview.
Whereas, she claimed Romney has a proven track record.
"Governor Romney has credits and proven results for every single day, whether it was making sure that he brought jobs into his state, whether it was making sure he turned the Olympics around and made it a source of pride, you know, whether we look at everything that he`s done in the private sector to bring jobs -- he`s signed the front of a paycheck," she said.
"It`s so easy to talk about somebody who has proven results as opposed to a President who, God bless him, has tried but just has not been able to do this," said Haley, who has been invited as one of the star speakers at the party`s convention in Tampa later this month which would formally nominate Romney as the Republican presidential nominee to challenge Obama in the November elections.
"I would be honoured to speak at the convention. I have been a strong believer and supporter of Governor Romney since 2008. The past, you know, three-and-a-half years that we`ve watched under President Obama, proves even more how great President Romney will be for this country," she said.
Unlike her Indian American colleague in the Republican Party, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, Haley has been supportive of Romney from the early part of his campaign.
Haley alleged that Obama should be embarrassed that he has to ask one person after another to attack Romney every single day to keep from speaking on his record.
"I think he`s wrong. I think the people are much smarter than this," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'