Barack Obama has `lapdogs` of distraction: Haley
Washington: US President Barack Obama`s job is to make sure that he can put out "distractions" every day until the election, while Governor Romney has credits and proven results for every single day, South Carolina`s Indian-American Governor Nikki Randhawa Haley claimed.
One of the prime time speakers at the forthcoming Tampa convention of his party and considered as one of the potential running mate of Mitt Romney, Haley, yesterday said Obama has "lapdogs" of distraction.
"President Obama has a lapdog for everything every single day. His job is to make sure that they can put out distractions every day until the election," Haley told the Fox news in an interview.
Whereas, she claimed Romney has a proven track record.
"Governor Romney has credits and proven results for every single day, whether it was making sure that he brought jobs into his state, whether it was making sure he turned the Olympics around and made it a source of pride, you know, whether we look at everything that he`s done in the private sector to bring jobs -- he`s signed the front of a paycheck," she said.
"It`s so easy to talk about somebody who has proven results as opposed to a President who, God bless him, has tried but just has not been able to do this," said Haley, who has been invited as one of the star speakers at the party`s convention in Tampa later this month which would formally nominate Romney as the Republican presidential nominee to challenge Obama in the November elections.
"I would be honoured to speak at the convention. I have been a strong believer and supporter of Governor Romney since 2008. The past, you know, three-and-a-half years that we`ve watched under President Obama, proves even more how great President Romney will be for this country," she said.
Unlike her Indian American colleague in the Republican Party, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, Haley has been supportive of Romney from the early part of his campaign.
Haley alleged that Obama should be embarrassed that he has to ask one person after another to attack Romney every single day to keep from speaking on his record.
"I think he`s wrong. I think the people are much smarter than this," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown