Barack Obama, Mitt Romney are now brothers in Kenya
London: A Kenyan woman has named her new-born twins after US President Barack Obama and his Republican rival Mitt Romney.
Millicent Owuor, 20, gave birth to the twins in south-west Kenya on the day Obama was re-elected.
According to Kenya’s Standard newspaper, the woman delivered twins at a hospital, just a stone throw away from Obama’s ancestral home village of Kogelo where celebrations were going on.
She said she had named her twins after the winning and losing US presidential candidates in order to remember the day of the vote, the paper said.
Owuor posed for photographers on Wednesday at the Siaya District Hospital with her twin boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials