Barack Obama, Mitt Romney are now brothers in Kenya
London: A Kenyan woman has named her new-born twins after US President Barack Obama and his Republican rival Mitt Romney.
Millicent Owuor, 20, gave birth to the twins in south-west Kenya on the day Obama was re-elected.
According to Kenya’s Standard newspaper, the woman delivered twins at a hospital, just a stone throw away from Obama’s ancestral home village of Kogelo where celebrations were going on.
She said she had named her twins after the winning and losing US presidential candidates in order to remember the day of the vote, the paper said.
Owuor posed for photographers on Wednesday at the Siaya District Hospital with her twin boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire