Barack Obama, Mitt Romney are now brothers in Kenya
London: A Kenyan woman has named her new-born twins after US President Barack Obama and his Republican rival Mitt Romney.
Millicent Owuor, 20, gave birth to the twins in south-west Kenya on the day Obama was re-elected.
According to Kenya’s Standard newspaper, the woman delivered twins at a hospital, just a stone throw away from Obama’s ancestral home village of Kogelo where celebrations were going on.
She said she had named her twins after the winning and losing US presidential candidates in order to remember the day of the vote, the paper said.
Owuor posed for photographers on Wednesday at the Siaya District Hospital with her twin boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding