Barack Obama, Mitt Romney are now brothers in Kenya
London: A Kenyan woman has named her new-born twins after US President Barack Obama and his Republican rival Mitt Romney.
Millicent Owuor, 20, gave birth to the twins in south-west Kenya on the day Obama was re-elected.
According to Kenya’s Standard newspaper, the woman delivered twins at a hospital, just a stone throw away from Obama’s ancestral home village of Kogelo where celebrations were going on.
She said she had named her twins after the winning and losing US presidential candidates in order to remember the day of the vote, the paper said.
Owuor posed for photographers on Wednesday at the Siaya District Hospital with her twin boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen