Barack Obama, Mitt Romney are now brothers in Kenya
London: A Kenyan woman has named her new-born twins after US President Barack Obama and his Republican rival Mitt Romney.
Millicent Owuor, 20, gave birth to the twins in south-west Kenya on the day Obama was re-elected.
According to Kenya’s Standard newspaper, the woman delivered twins at a hospital, just a stone throw away from Obama’s ancestral home village of Kogelo where celebrations were going on.
She said she had named her twins after the winning and losing US presidential candidates in order to remember the day of the vote, the paper said.
Owuor posed for photographers on Wednesday at the Siaya District Hospital with her twin boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre