Barack Obama racially attacked in US
Washington: US President Barack Obama has been racially attacked by the protestors singing "Bye-Bye Black Sheep", derogatorily referring to his skin colour.
Huffington Post reports that President Obama was in Phoenix, Arizona Desert Vista High School to unveil the plan of revise the mortgage finance system of the country, when several protestors from the crowd started saying "Impeach the Half-White Muslim!"
According to the report, hundreds of people had gathered outside the school as Obama unveiled a plan to overhaul the nation`s mortgage finance system.
Some protesters also urged him to reject the Keystone XL oil pipeline and take other actions on climate change.
Some even quoted that Obama had taken the nation back to pre-Civil Rights era levels of racism and was to be blamed for increasing racial tensions in US.
However, the majority of those present at the site were Obama fans, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured