Barack Obama sings to me all the time: Michelle
London: First Lady Michelle has revealed that US President Barack Obama serenades her all the time by singing songs from Al Green, Marvin Gaye and other R ‘n’ B greats.
She also insisted that her husband does have a beautiful voice.
“He does have a beautiful voice, and he sings to me all the time,” the Daily Mail quoted Michelle as telling ‘The Tonight Show’ host Jay Leno.
The President gained a little attention in January when he showed to the world his inclination towards music during a fundraiser at the Apollo Theatre in New York City, where he sang Al Green’s single ‘Let’s Stay Together’.
But he also croons Marvin Gaye and even ‘a little Stevie.’ That is Stevie Wonder, for the uninitiated.
“He likes the classics,” she asserted.
However, her opinion about Republican front-runner Mitt Romney’s choir voice was not that generous.
Romney had surprised supporters in Florida with an off-pitch version of ‘America the Beautiful’ on Monday.
“It’s beautiful,” she said after a pregnant pause, with a laugh and raised eyebrows.
“And it is America’s song, and it’s a song that’s meant to be sung by every American,” the first lady said in a taped appearance for the NBC show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees