Barack Obama to travel to Mexico, Costa Rica
Washington: US President Barack Obama will travel to Mexico and Costa Rica during the first week of May as part of his efforts to strengthen the already-deep ties Washington shares with Mexico and Central America, the White House announced on Wednesday.
Obama will visit Mexico and Costa Rica from May 2-4 on a tour that represents an "important opportunity to reinforce the deep cultural, familial, and economic ties that so many Americans share with Mexico and Central America", said the White House in a communiqué.
In Mexico, the US President will meet with his Mexican counterpart, Enrique Pena Nieto, with whom he spoke by telephone on Wednesday, and they are expected to discuss "ways to deepen our economic and commercial partnership and further our engagement on the broad array of bilateral, regional, and global issues", the communiqué stated.
In Costa Rica, Obama is scheduled to meet with President Laura Chinchilla, as well as heads of state of other Central American countries and the Dominican Republic, at a regional conference Costa Rica is hosting, the statement continued.
The trip will be an "important chance to discuss our collective efforts to promote economic growth and development in Central America and our ongoing collaboration on citizen security", said the White House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people