`Barack Obama`s cell phone could be tapped`
Washington: US Senator Rand Paul has said the NSA spying has "gone too far" and is speculating about whether the agency has tapped into President Obama`s cell phone.
The Kentucky GOP`s comments came after revelations that the NSA spied on German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the agency purportedly had access to the servers of Internet giants Yahoo! and Google.
According to Fox News, Paul made the comments during an interview with Bloomberg`s "Political Capital with Al Hunt" and acknowledged being `a bit` fastidious about the President`s cell phone because it is almost certainly encrypted.
But he was using that extreme hypothetical situation to point out the NSA gets its authorisation from the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court so most anything is possible, the report said.
Paul said that the definition of overreach is `everything the NSA has been doing over the last several years`.
He said that the agency`s secret surveillance efforts needs to be "debated, and discussed" openly before the Supreme Court.
He also said that Obama not knowing about NSA surveillance on US allies is "hard to believe".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India