Barack Obama’s job approval rating reaches 3-yr high
Washington: US President Barack Obama has gained his highest approval rating as commander-in-chief of the US in over three years, a new poll has found.
A Bloomberg National Poll found that 55 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s performance, his highest rating in the poll since September 2009.
The poll also found that 49 percent of respondents believe that the president’s proposals to increase government spending in key areas are more likely to spur job creation than GOP-backed efforts to cut both spending and taxes, the Huffington Post reports.
The poll also found that Republican popularity was at a record low, as just 35 percent of respondents said they have a favourable view of the GOP.
This has marked the lowest ratings for the party since the poll began three years ago. The Republican rating also marked a six point drop over the last six months.
According to the report, Obama’s popularity has been on an upward trend in the months since his re-election.
A Washington Post/ABC News Poll conducted last month found that 60 percent of respondents had a favourable view of the President.
In December, a CBS Poll showed Obama’s strongest numbers since the death of Osama Bin Laden in May 2011, the report said.
However, the Bloomberg Poll was not all good news for the president, as 55 percent of respondents said they disapprove of how Obama has handled the federal budget deficit, and 49 percent have an unfavourable view with how he has handled the economy, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video