Barbie with camera `could be used by paedophiles`: FBI
London: The FBI has in a leaked memo said that a new Barbie doll with a camera “could be used by paedophiles”.
The Video Girl Barbie, which comes for USD 45 and features a camera in a necklace around the neck and a screen in the back, allows children to film for up to 30 minutes, and the footage is then uploaded to a computer.
In the memo, the FBI stated the toy is a “possible child pornography production method”.
The toy was included among items that should be collected when agents investigate cases of sexual abuse, but the FBI has revealed there has not been any involving the doll so far.
“The FBI is not reporting that anything has happened. It has confirmed there have been no incidents of this doll being used as anything other than its intent,” the Telegraph quoted Mattel, which makes the toy, as saying.
“Mattel products are designed with children and their best interests in mind.”
“Many of Mattel’s employees are parents themselves and we understand the importance of child safety. It is our number one priority,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017