Barbie with camera `could be used by paedophiles`: FBI
London: The FBI has in a leaked memo said that a new Barbie doll with a camera “could be used by paedophiles”.
The Video Girl Barbie, which comes for USD 45 and features a camera in a necklace around the neck and a screen in the back, allows children to film for up to 30 minutes, and the footage is then uploaded to a computer.
In the memo, the FBI stated the toy is a “possible child pornography production method”.
The toy was included among items that should be collected when agents investigate cases of sexual abuse, but the FBI has revealed there has not been any involving the doll so far.
“The FBI is not reporting that anything has happened. It has confirmed there have been no incidents of this doll being used as anything other than its intent,” the Telegraph quoted Mattel, which makes the toy, as saying.
“Mattel products are designed with children and their best interests in mind.”
“Many of Mattel’s employees are parents themselves and we understand the importance of child safety. It is our number one priority,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress