‘Batman’ massacre reveals ‘eerie similarities’ with 1986 comic book story
Washington: The ‘Dark Knight’ massacre incident has ‘eerie’ similarities with Frank Miller’s second comic book issue of “The Dark Knight Returns”, in which a crazy gunman stands up in the middle of a Batman-inspired porn movie and opens fire inside the crowded theatre.
“Arnold Crimp fingers the cold steel thing in his pocket and stares at the movie marquee and does not throw up,” the New York Daily News quoted a caption, as reading below a panel, in the 1986 comic book.
“The [movie] title is ‘My Sweet Statan,’ the narrator continues, as the red-headed gunman stands up in the darkened theater with a revolver in his hand. “Which is what Arnold Crimp is absolutely certain he heard when he played “Stairway to Heaven” backwards. On the screen, a nun, a nun is doing something and she’s painted exactly like a whore,” the captions follow in the comic story.
The suspect, James Holmes, who has been accused in the midnight massacre incident, during the screening of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ at movie hall near Denver, killed 14 people and injured over 58 others.
He is currently in a Colorado jail and has been put under ‘suicide watch’ in solitary confinement.
“He said he was the Joker, enemy of Batman,” a police officer investigating the case said.
Holmes, who was a PhD student in the neuroscience department of the University of Colorado at Denver, withdrew from the doctoral program after enrolling there in June 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city