‘Batman’ shooting massacre: Vigil to mourn victims
Aurora: A candlelight vigil was held on late Friday night to mourn the victims of ghastly shooting, after a man went on killing spree at the midnight premiere of the new Batman movie, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ at Aurora theatre in suburban Denver. The shooting massacre left 12 people dead and over 50 injured.
Meanwhile even as the suspected gunman, 24-year-old James Holmes, was arrested by the police, the motive behind the attack is still not clear.
Soon after the arrest, the accused admitted that he had booby-trapped his apartment, posing a problem for the authorities to enter his apartment and gather evidence. Holmes told the police that he had planted his one-bedroom apartment with explosives.
According to police officials, it could take days to enter the apartment safely. "I see an awful lot of wire, trip wires, jars full of ammunition, jars full of liquid and ... things that look like mortar rounds," Police Chief Dan Oates said.
The suspected gunman had painted his hair red and referred to himself as the Joker who is the villain from the Batman movies.
In New York City, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said: "It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He has his hair painted red. He said he was the Joker, obviously the enemy of Batman."
(With Agencies Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH