Battle over Obama health law reaches high court
Washington: The monumental fight over a
health care law that touches all Americans and divides them
sharply comes before the US Supreme Court this week.
justices will decide whether to kill or keep the largest
expansion in the nation`s social safety net in more than four
Two years and three days after President Barack Obama
signed into law a health care overhaul aimed at extending
medical insurance to more than 30 million Americans, the high
court begins three days of hearings Monday over the law`s
The challenge from 26 states and a small business group
puts the court smack in the middle of a heavily partisan fight
over the president`s major domestic accomplishment and a
presidential election campaign in which all his Republican
challengers oppose the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?