Battle over Obama health law reaches high court
Washington: The monumental fight over a
health care law that touches all Americans and divides them
sharply comes before the US Supreme Court this week.
justices will decide whether to kill or keep the largest
expansion in the nation`s social safety net in more than four
Two years and three days after President Barack Obama
signed into law a health care overhaul aimed at extending
medical insurance to more than 30 million Americans, the high
court begins three days of hearings Monday over the law`s
The challenge from 26 states and a small business group
puts the court smack in the middle of a heavily partisan fight
over the president`s major domestic accomplishment and a
presidential election campaign in which all his Republican
challengers oppose the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital