BBC broadcaster pleads not guilty on abuse charges
London: A BBC broadcaster has pleaded not guilty to charges of sexually abusing three girls.
The charges against the well-known 82-year-old sports broadcaster Stuart Hall relate to events alleged to have occurred in the 1970s and 1980s.
Police say the alleged indecent assaults were carried out on girls between the ages of 9 and 16.
Hall said in court today that he understood the charges against him and that he was not guilty.
He has been a broadcaster for more than 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal