BBC broadcaster pleads not guilty on abuse charges
London: A BBC broadcaster has pleaded not guilty to charges of sexually abusing three girls.
The charges against the well-known 82-year-old sports broadcaster Stuart Hall relate to events alleged to have occurred in the 1970s and 1980s.
Police say the alleged indecent assaults were carried out on girls between the ages of 9 and 16.
Hall said in court today that he understood the charges against him and that he was not guilty.
He has been a broadcaster for more than 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Islamic State claims deadly suicide attack on Jordanian soldiers
- US parades celebrate Gay Pride, honor Orlando victims
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans