BBC preparing for Blair`s death?
London: Even as former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is aged just 58, the BBC has started filming his obituary!
The "ghoulish" decision to ask former cabinet colleagues to contribute to the programme about Blair`s life has shocked some within the Labour party, the Sun reported.
"It seems in pretty poor taste that the Beeb is already preparing for Tony`s death....He is still a relatively young man who I`m sure has got a lot of years left in him yet," said a Labour party source.
Blair, who was premier for ten years, did have a minor heart scare while being in office. But he is known to keep himself in shape.
He and wife Cherie "who already had three children" had baby son Leo in 2000 when he was the prime minister.
"We don`t comment on obituaries," said a BBC spokeswoman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof