Be courageous: Pope Francis urges Catholic cardinals
Vatican City: Pope Francis has called for "new methods of evangelisation", and urged Catholic cardinals to unite and to be "courageous".
Addressing cardinals at the Vatican`s Clementine Hall Friday, Pope Francis said: "We need new methods of evangelisation. We need courage - the courage to seek new ways of evangelising."
Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected Pope Francis reportedly with more than 90 votes out of 115.
"Every one of us should strengthen unity and perservere in our prayers with the beautiful sentiments of faith and ecclesiatical communion that we experienced during the conclave," the Pope said.
Catholicism has been losing ground evangelical churches in Latin America in recent years.
According to observers, this was one of the reasons for Bergoglio`s appointment as Pope along with a desire in the wider Catholic Church to reform the Vatican government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened