Be prepared for combat: Chinese general
Beijing: A senior Chinese general has urged the Army not to be slack and be prepared for any possible military combat. The remark comes amid rising tensions between China and Japan over some disputed islands.
Efforts should be made to ensure that the military is capable of resolutely performing its duty to safeguard the country`s national sovereignty, security and territorial integrity whenever it is needed by the Party and the people, said General Xu Caihou, the vice chairman of China`s Central Military Commission.
Xu made the remarks on Thursday during an inspection of military units in north China`s Shanxi Province, reported Xinhua.
The military should improve its competence in the deterrent and operational missions, Xu said.
The Army should always keep its political resolution, ideological stability and unity, Xu said.
Moreover, Xu told the military to improve efforts to keep the soldiers well-informed of important current events and policies.
China and Japan claim rights over the disputed islands in the East China Sea. It lies on a vital shipping route and are surrounded by large hydrocarbon deposits beneath them.
Japan says it has controlled the islands since 1895 until its surrender at the end of World War II. The islands were controlled by the US from 1945 to 1972 and subsequently returned to Japan`s control. China claims the islands` discovery and control since the 14th century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read